Getting ethics right is a big deal, and ethics often requires courage. An organization’s ethics is directly connected to its reputation in the community, and solid ethical principles are crucial for the long-term success of any organization. This facilitated discussion goes beyond a lecture on ethical principles – it is a series of executive level case studies that offer participants “real time” practice in resolving dilemmas, with participants sharpening their critical thinking skills.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Calculate the Value (ROI) of a Courageous Culture.
• Determine and communicate organizational values
• Apply Critical Thinking and Ethics under social pressures.
• Analyze Ethical Dilemmas using structured thinking tools.
• Differentiate logic, emotions and courage while making difficult decisions.
• Determine how to balance the roles of Compliance Officer / Ethics Mentor
• Choose an action plan for personal and organizational courage
1. The Value of a Courageous Culture and courageous decision-making models
2. Challenges to creating a culture of courage
3. Communicating your courageous culture
4. How/When to speak up? Career-ending vs teachable moment?
5. Supporting courageous decisions
6. Communicating courage
7. The Journey to Leading with Courage – Building a personal action plan