In the accounting profession, dealing with data is life. Doing it efficiently and effectively are skill differentiators. Power Query, part of Microsoft Power BI suite, is an indispensable for extracting, transforming and loading data (the “ETL” of the commonly referred to ETLR). In this session, we will explore the basics of the Power Query add-in – extracting, transforming and preparing data for analysis.
- Import and transform basic data into Excel using Power Query
- Understand and apply the data load capabilities of loading into Excel versus loading into the “data model”, and why it matters
- Identify the basics of extracting and transforming data
- Deep dive into Power Query (Excel 2016 Get & Transform)
- Explore the basics of extracting and transforming data, which is the first necessary step to data analysis and reporting
- Top 6 features most important to accountants (data source flexibility, appending queries, unpivot, etc.)
- Exploration of real Power Query use cases, many of which accountants could implement immediately
- A summary of top resources and experts to get you started on the journey of learning Power Query
- Excel workbooks will be made available for all participants to use at their leisure and further explore the topics discussed
Business Learning Institute
Professional Area of Focus
T Shaped Professional Data / Digital / Technical
Who Should Attend
Any business professional responsible for managing and working with data.
- Comfortable with Excel navigation and data related topics – LOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Data Tables, etc. would be helpful, but not required.
Register for this Course
Introduction to Data Analytics with Excel Power Query