One of the most important relationships you will have during your career is the relationship that you have with your supervisor, as well as influential people who are above you. During this important course, you will customize best practices for “managing up” that will increase your confidence, credibility, and collaboration. You will discover specific strategies that will help you add value to your professional portfolio —while minimizing the stress and frustration that can arise with these important professional relationships. Note: This course can be conducted in either a 4 hour or 8 hour format.
Course ID: MULMP
Managing Up for Leaders, Managers and Professionals
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Strengthen the four types of performance expectations that your supervisor and others will use to judge your performance.
- Apply best practices for successfully handling even the most challenging people above you.
- Customize the do’s and don’ts for asking – and receiving – feedback from your boss and others.
- Leverage an important professional principle to substantially increase your value in the eyes of those above you.
- Key strategies for ensuring that your communication style complements the communication style of those above you within the organization.
- How to be even more responsible and accountable to your boss and other key stakeholders.
- The most effective way of saying “no” to unrealistic requests — while still looking like a team player.
- How to successfully deal with a micromanaging boss.
- An emotionally intelligent approach for dealing with someone above you who engages in behavior that you would like for them to change.
- The secrets behind persuading those with more authority to embrace your point of view.
Who Should Attend
Anyone within an organization.
Fields of StudyCommunications and Marketing
A desire to effectively communicate with your superiors