Course ID: FRCOREBUN
#FutureReady Core E-Learning Curriculum – 15 Course Bundle
- Various; see linked titles under “Major Topics” for learning objectives by course
The #FutureReady Core Curriculum contains the following modules:
- Leading in Exponential Times: Against the backdrop of change and uncertainty, there’s an immediate need for the CPA Firm / Corporate leader to evolve and accelerate. The megatrends of technology, demographics, and regulations and standards are driving massive changes in the way CPA Firms work. Today’s partners are faced with a dizzying array of challenges around culture, technology, generations and speed of change. The opportunity has never been greater, the stakes have never been higher, and the risk of doing nothing is growing every day. What can you do to better navigate this VUCA world? How can you influence others to join you? This session offers tips and techniques to manage the present and future by harnessing exponentials and adopting an exponential mindset. Includes the latest on navigating through the #COVID19 pandemic.
- Creating a Winning Culture: Research has shown that a healthy workplace culture isn’t just good for morale – it’s good for business. In this course, you’ll learn how to create a culture that keeps employees engaged, enhances productivity, and helps your organization succeed. We’ll provide insights from the latest industry research and real-world case studies to help you understand what makes for healthy workplace cultures and how leaders can foster an environment that encourages collaboration and trust throughout the entire organization.
- SMART Goal-Setting as a Path to Flourishing: Goal-setting is key for individuals who want to ensure that they are setting the right priorities and having the right conversations about contribution and personal development at work. This workshop looks at both components of any achievement — being and doing. Learn how to set long- and short-term goals to create success and elevate your well-being.
- Building Resiliency: The Upside of Stress: This session will use concepts from New York Times best-selling author Kelly McGonigal, PhD and her book, The Upside of Stress, to serve as a “mindset intervention.” Stress is not always bad; in fact, it can make us stronger, smarter and more successful, and even increase our empathy toward others. It’s how we think about stress that determines its effect on us. This session’s scientific studies and personal stories will help you rethink stress, making it work for you.
- Look, Lead, Love, Learn: It’s a new world in the workplace. Groundbreaking shifts in regulation, demographics, leadership and technology mean that “business as usual” doesn’t cut it anymore. Success today depends on our ability to collaborate, connect, innovate and inspire.
- How to Innovate When Your Boss Says “No”: “Innovate or die,” you’ve been told, so you’ve burned the midnight oil coming up with some great ideas for how your organization can beat your competition to the punch. You present them to your boss, who answers with the dreaded, “No.” You know your organization’s future depends on its ability to do things differently, but how do you do that when leadership blocks your path? This session offers some creative ideas for getting around roadblocks and doing important work.
- Are You Running Your Business … Or Is It Running You?: If you are the owner, leader, or manager of an organization who wants to see your business consistently run better and grow faster, Bill Sheridan and EOS can help you and your team simplify, clarify, and achieve your vision. A recognized speaker, Bill’s interactive style and real-world insight makes this a must-see event for growth-oriented entrepreneurs everywhere. Attendees will walk away focused, clear on priorities and issues, healthier as a leadership team, and using tools that help them gain more traction. Don’t let the company run you – get a grip on your business.
- Let Go and Lead: The Crucial Art of Delegation: If you want to take your business to the next level, your leaders need to lead. Too often, though, they’re swamped with doing someone else’s work. This interactive session will show you when it’s time to delegate, what you should be delegating, and to whom you should be delegating it. Most important, you’ll learn the secret to delegation: It’s not about your time. It’s about surrounding yourselves with the right people.
- Thanks for the Feedback — Lessons in Giving and Receiving Feedback: Whether we realize it or not, we are constantly both giving and receiving feedback. We know that feedback is essential to our personal development, but we so often dread and even dismiss it. Feedback can be ill timed, unfair and downright mean, but that doesn’t have to dictate our ability to use it for our own growth. Using lessons from the best-selling book, “Thanks for the Feedback” by Douglas Stone and Shelia Heen, learn the three types of feedback, the barriers to receiving good feedback and how we can be empowered to seek feedback for our own growth.
- Uncovering Unconscious Bias to Make Better Decisions: Is unconscious bias hindering you, your team or your organization? Unconscious bias is bias that happens automatically. It is triggered by our brain making quick judgments and assessments of people and situations based on our background, cultural environment and personal experiences. Have you ever arrived home from work and don’t remember the drive at all? Or perhaps you moved, but drove to the old house on your way home. Once neural pathways are formed, like your daily commute, they become almost automatic. We don’t spend time thinking about each turn on the way home, our body just does it. While this can be helpful for remembering your route home, it can be detrimental in other areas of our lives. In this session we will explore these biases, how they might be hurting, us, our team and our organization and what we can do to create new neural pathways and combat unconscious bias.
- Scratching Your Niche: Can you use social media to boost your personal brand and turn yourself into a thought leader? We are all experts at something that someone wants to know. Now you have access to powerful social media tools so that you can share your knowledge and be branded as a thought leader.
- Principles of Collaboration: Weigh In to the Buy In: In this course, Tom Hood shares why collaboration matters now, what collaboration really is, how to facilitate collaboration, collaboration techniques, and examples of how collaboration can be effectively used. Aspiring leaders and leaders of teams and organizations will learn why collaboration is important and how to make it work.
- Remote Leadership: The Four “Ps” That Remote Teams Need to Thrive: Just like competitive salaries, flexible work options are table stakes for top talent. With COVID-19, many teams have had to convert overnight to fully remote. But how do you lead in an environment where pants are optional? And what does it look like to lead someone who is more of a vendor than an employee? Using lessons learned, this session will explore the 4 Ps (Purpose, People, Platforms, and Processes) to effectively lead a remote and even gig economy team.
- Strategic Foresight: In this FutureReady course, Tom Hood explains how Strategic Foresight is crucial to preparing your organization for a future of exponential change. First, he defines Strategic Foresight and shares different ways of applying it. Then, he demonstrates how to prepare for a future that you can’t yet see. And finally, Tom covers different types of innovation and how to apply them to your career and organization.
- A Future Ready Innovation Framework: Innovation is key to finding success in the face of change – but how do you actually achieve it? In this course, you’ll learn why innovation matters, what you need to build an innovation strategy, and how to get your team’s buy-in along the way. Leaders of teams and organizations of any size will gain practical takeaways to start developing an innovation system.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to build their leadership skills
Fields of StudyBusiness Management & Organization, Communications and Marketing, Personal Development, Specialized Knowledge